Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beginning the breaking point...

Okay so here is part two of the poem listed on the previous entry. The internal me, the eternal optimist shines through, even at my lowest. This is when I was still living in Oregon, with my ex husband (not ex at the time) and things weren't on the up and up.




===========
Beginning the breaking point...
===========




on the ground
cold, dark dungeon
grasping for anything--
even the damp air
panting, barely able to breathe.

demons are in the corner...
conspiring, planning their next
attack
their next course of action.

crumbs of Hope scattered
across the stone floor

I never noticed the Hope.

the demons try as they may
could not destroy the Hope.

could the Hope reach the bonds
that restrained my mind?

I think it could.
Ahhh! Strength finally finding
it's way in,
somehow the demons don't see.

Go Strength, find Reason and Logic.

Break down this barricade,
Let my heart back in.

I can hear Compassion on the other side
with it's blood curdling cries,
reaching out through the block
screaming for my mind and body
telling me we are better together.

For this to ever happen....
for this wall to come down,
Trust must come into the picture.

Love- I can feel the warmth, it radiates through the wall.
===================

No comments:

Post a Comment