Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Maze

Running and hiding...
Loosing
and running
deeper and farther away
running more...

The internal maze
of the mind....
the twisted
labyrinth of my soul. 

Which way is up
which is right

every turn
another question
every step a decision

If I stop
and listen
my heart may
know the way

the inner me
screams
in fear
agony

where did i lose

Retracing
the steps
scared of what
I'll encounter

Circles,
loops... and worse
dead ends. 

The cries,
screams all muffled
by the dark
silence
surrounds no way
out

What was once fun maze
has now turned into
a hall of horrors

How did I
get into this
corner
wait where did that
wall come from?
hyperventilating
can't catch a breath
or a break
pushing the walls
trapped inside

wait I see a light
my heart initiates
the movement
centered from deep
within
prayers answered

twisted puzzle
unfolded
the inner light
reflecting outward
my guide

having faith
finding myself
the labyrinth turns
into something
mesmerizing

No comments:

Post a Comment